Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday, July 29, 2013 - Week 29

Mom and Dad,

It's great to hear about the 24th of July fun! The pictures of Mimi destroying her cake are adorable! Thank you for sending them.

This week has been great. Way humid and hot, but great. It's still been a bit hectic in my head figuring out the new area, the investigators' situations, and getting to know the ward, but it's been fun anyway. We've been blessed this past week to find a few good potential investigators. 

One young man we met last week was able to meet with us last Friday and he seems to have interest in our message. He said he'd come to church, and even though he didn't, we are still hopeful that he can meet again and that he can be a solid investigator.

Last week as we were on our way back from a lesson with an investigator, Elder Baldwin had the thought to go house a row of houses on the street. We stopped and parked our bikes and walked across the crosswalk. As we were walking to the houses we stopped an older man to talk with him. It turns out he has a background in Christianity and likes to speak English. We talked with him about what we believe about God and a bit about the message we have to offer. He thought highly of us for working in the heat to help people learn about God and wanted to meet with us. He called us today and said he'll be coming to Eikaiwa (English Class) this Wednesday, we're really excited to meet with him again!

I have yet to take pictures of the apartment or anything really. Sorry...I'll make sure to get some pictures this week and send them with next week's e-mail.

Hey Mom, you mentioned you might be sending a package. To be honest, I can't think of anything that I need, but I would love some cinnamon flavored gum. There is absolutely no cinnamon flavored anything here - it kind of makes me sad. If you could send me some Big Red or something, I would be in heaven. If I think of anything I need that would be nice to have you send, I'll let you know, but as of now just some gum would be nice.

Thank you so much!

Elder Kyle Hutchings