Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday, August 5, 2013 - Week 30

Mom and Dad,

Oh my goodness it's August! Crazy how the time flies! It's been nothing but hot, hot, hot here in Takatsuki. I don't have a clue when the temperatures will start to die down, but it doesn't seem to be coming any time soon. There was a super crazy rainstorm we got caught in this last week. We both got soaked, but it was a nice break from the heat.

Marisa is on the Drill Team?! Wow! That's great! Tell her congratulations for me!

It's been a way good week! We've been working very hard and doing our best. We've been met with a lot of success this last week. We've had 2 people become new investigators here, found a good few potential investigators, and had another one of our investigators accept the commitment to be baptized. It's always an exciting thing when one of God's children makes the commitment to enter into the path that leads to Eternal Life. But, it also means that there's a lot more preparation, fasting, and prayer on our part to help them prepare to receive that ordinance and make a promise with their Heavenly Father.

If there's one thing I've come to realize more and learned more this past week it's just how vital planning is. With all of the crazy busyness of being a missionary there are tons of things to do, places to go, people to call, etc. When we take a little time to carefully plan and prepare, we show the Lord our desire to do things right and well, and He blesses us to be able to handle the responsibilities He's given us.

I'm sorry, I still haven't taken any pictures. I've been really bad at that up to date. I'm not sure if I'll be getting much better at it...but I'll try!

In terms of the package, I can't really think of anything else I want or need. Recently I haven't had any problems with allergies, but it might not be a bad idea to have some Zyrtec just in case. I can't honestly think of anything I really need at the moment, but like I said before, if I think of anything, I'll let you know next e-mail (if you haven't already sent the package by then).

Love,

Elder Kyle Hutchings