Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday, July 22, 2013 - Week 28

Mom and Dad,

I'll be completely honest, it's been a bit of a tough week. Whitewashing, training, and being a District Leader is all very new to me. There are a lot of new things that I have to learn how to do and that I'm experiencing. It's been difficult. But I ever take comfort in knowing that my Heavenly Father is by my side every step of the way, and will help me so long as I am humble and seek His guidance.

Takatsuki is a nice area. The apartment is huge! There's a study room, a sleeping room, and a tatami room. The church building is also huge! It's actually a stake center, so there's a gym, a full chapel, and two levels of classrooms. It's a building shared by the Takatsuki and Ibaraki wards. The members in Takatsuki are very kind. The Bishop is young, fun, and very helpful. And the Ward Mission Leader is also way nice and dedicated. Whitewashing has been crazy. I don't know the area or any of the investigators. Also I'm not exactly pera-pera (fluent) in Japanese, so communicating with the Members and stuff has been a bit crazy and stuff. But that's life right now!

My companion/trainee's name is Elder Baldwin. He's from Idaho and he's an incredibly solid missionary. He has a lot of desire to serve and a lot of dendo (missionary)  fire. He's a real muscly guy too, he's going to be playing football for BYU when he returns. We've been getting along fine and working our best these past few days.

The way transfers normally work is that we get our transfer calls on Monday, and we don't transfer areas until Thursday or Friday (depending on how the flights of the incoming and returning missionaries are. We have to have everything packed on Monday, and we send our luggage through a shipping service.

Being a District Leader has been all right so far. My district is just my companion and I, and Sisters in Ibaraki. It's all been going all right. The biggest frustration/difficulty in all of this new stuff has been whitewashing. I've been reporting to my Zone Leaders about investigators I know nothing about and things like that. I think in a little more time things will settle down a bit and I'll have a little time to think. Right now my head has been going crazy and in about 12 different directions all at once. But, because the Lord has called me to do the things which I have to do, He'll provide a way.

Oh, I almost forgot. On top of all the craziness, I kind of sprained my ankle last Saturday at a volleyball activity. I jumped up to tap the ball over the net (which worked and was the winning point of the match) but I landed on my right foot sideways. I've been icing it and keeping it elevated at night. One of the Ibaraki Sisters lent me her ankle brace which has been helping. It wasn't really a bad sprain, no bruising or anything, and it's been been a lot better today, so I'm not too concerned with it. If it gets any worse, I'll definitely go to the hospital, but if it's not necessary, I'd rather go out and do some limp dendo.

I love you and I'm grateful for your support and prayers!

Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.