Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday, November 10, 2014 - Week 96

 
Mom and Dad,
 
Fun to hear about the baby shower and that Lillie and Mimi will be going to play with Grandma and Grandpa.
 
愛する父よ、もし私は漢字で書いてもまだ読める?私はRAGNARで走りたい!(In case you couldn't read that, yes, I would be very interested in running in the Ragnar).  Also, we haven't been going very far on the distance - my companion brings a soccer ball and practices kicks and drills while I do pull-ups and dips on some exercise bars in the park.  We also do stairs and sprints sometimes.  I love getting up and moving!
 
It's been another good week.  Things are starting to get a bit chilly around here, but not quite as bad as where you are.  It's nowhere near as bad as it was in Toyooka last year either - Osaka has probably been the nicest area for weather for me on my whole mission.
 
Last Friday we had a Zone Training Meeting.  It was awesome because Elder Hapi is also in this Zone so I had a chance to talk to him.  It was a bit strange because I'm going back one transfer sooner than he is.  He said he's considering coming to BYU Provo for school, but he's not how much he wants to live in America.  Hapi Choro is such a hoot.  It was also strange because I was invited to give a returning missionary testimony at the end of the meeting.  I remember when I first got to the mission and went to a meeting or conference and saw the returning missionaries give their testimonies.  I always thought that it would be so far away.  But here it is, and it's a sprint to the finish.
 
The Eikaiwa (English conversation class) in this area is awesome!  I've been having fun doing the kid's class, and last week two more families came with kids.  They were invited to come by the students already coming.  We're working with the ward now to plan an activity outside of English Conversation class to try  make it easier to bring in a Gospel introduction.  We're excited to see where things will go with Eikaiwa.
 
We've received a challenge from President Welch to read the Book of Mormon by the end of February.  I'm excited to begin the Book of Mormon again and deepen my own testimony and conversion.
 
I love life and I love being a missionary.  It's strange to think that in just a few short weeks I'll be seeing you all, but it makes me want to sprint harder and harder.  I remind myself that the only way I can hold my head high breaking through the finish line is if I finish pushing my hardest.  In Helaman 16 (maybe it's 15) it talks about how after Samuel the Lamanite flees from the Nephites, he goes back to his own land and keeps preaching.  If sharing the Gospel is what you're supposed to do when you go home (which I think it is) then I've got no reason to stop doing it or slow down now!
 
Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings