Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday, October 27, 2014 - Week 94

Mom and Dad,
 
Sekime is in the middle of Osaka.  It's a big city area.  I think that just in this area, there are over 9million people or so.  That may have just been for one of the little sub-cities in this area.  In any event, there are a lot of people!  Just yesterday we went up to the 14th floor of an apartment building to visit a former investigator and we looked out to see buildings as far as the eye can see.  Osaka Umeda station and Universal Studios Japan are also in this area.  There are a couple of sisters in the ward from America who work at USJ at the new Harry Potter thing they've got there.  There's also a large African man who was converted about a year or so ago who's been faithfully coming since he was baptized.  He and those 2 sisters don't speak any Japanese.  Elder Eberhard has been translating for them for the past little while, but I gave him a break and did some translation yesterday during church.   Last Saturday the ward had a Halloween party, so I was able to go and meet a lot of ward members right off the bat.  It was really fun! 
 
Elder Eberhard is a great guy.  He's originally from Colorado, but went to high school in Ogden and his family is still there I think.  We should be in for some fun times and good work this transfer.
 
I'm still a little bummed out that I was transferred out of Matsue, but I know it's not for nothing.  There's a reason why I'm here, and whether I see that reason now or if it takes until after I die to know, I don't know.  But it doesn't matter.  God has revealed to all men the biggest "Why?" of all - and that is that He loves us and wants us to be like Him.  All things God orchestrates in our lives is to help us personally, and help us help others, get to that goal.  As much as I want to know the smaller "Why?"s and the reasons behind things, I know that it's all in God's wisdom to bring about his great and eternal purposes.
 
I love being a missionary!
 
Elder Kyle Hutchings