Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday, October 13, 2014 - Week 92

Mom and Dad,

I'm curious now about who Whitney talked to.  Any other details about what he looked like?  Where they are from?  How long they've been off their mission?

Do I need to start registering for the Spring Semester right now?  I wasn't sure if that would be something I would need to do until I got home.  If I need to, I can request permission to visit the UVU website and take care of business.

This last week was pretty hectic.  I did 3 companion exchanges.  One on Wednesday with the Elders in our area, one on Thursday in another area, and then another on Friday after District Meeting with the Zone Leaders in their area.  Then there was General Conference on Saturday in the Zone Leader's area, and everyone from Matsue and another area in the Zone stayed over to watch conference again on Sunday.  Conference was so good - I loved how they had some of the Seventies speak in their native languages.  I just really hope sometime soon they throw in Yamashita Choro or Aoyagi Choro and have them speak in Japanese!

This week will be some crazy busy fun too I'm going to be doing another couple of exchanges this week, and there's also Stake Conference on Saturday and Sunday which will require us to travel a couple of hours away to attend.  Thankfully the members will drive us, and it won't be quite so expensive for us, but it's still quite a bit of time.

It's strange to think that this is the last week for two of the missionaries in my district.  They've been working hard and don't show any signs of slowing down.  They're going to keep on working to the end and beyond.  It's also really strange to think that after this week I've only got one transfer left as a missionary.  I really don't know how I should feel about it, so I don't really think about it much and just keep working like I am.

There's a pretty good storm that's blown in today.  It's a typhoon, and it's supposedly come in pretty close to our area.  It was nuts going out to go shopping this morning, and the winds and rain haven't let up a bit since then.

Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings