Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday, September 22, 2014 - Week 89

Mom and Dad,

Good heavens!  My my, how that little girl is growing up!  Tell Marisa she's gorgeous!  And dear heavens!  Is that really the entry hall?!  I was trying to figure out that picture was taken.  It looks good!

Well Papa, funny that you ask about when I'll be coming home, because there's a really big possibility that it will be on December 3rd.  It's not set in stone, but President Welch said that if I'm going to be attending the Spring semester that I'll probably be going home a transfer early, and Sister Welch called me yesterday to confirm that I will be trying to attend the Spring semester.  Like I said, I still haven't heard anything definite, but it's looking a lot like next transfer may be my last.

Yesterday, our 17 year old investigator came to church for the second time.  He really likes church.  He's quite an interesting fellow - he reads books like most kids eat candy.  He usually reads about 300 books in a year - just about a book every day.  He's read a lot about religion and has a lot of interest in Christianity.  He doesn't really know what to think about all of the religious texts he's read so far, so he loves it when we very simply explain to him and teach him about doctrine and how it applies to him.  He loves to sing and thinks it's the best thing in the world that we sing 3 times during sacrament meeting.

Tomorrow we're going to get a chance to hear from Elder Ringwood of the 70.  He's the president of the Asia North area.  I'm very excited to get a chance again to hear from a special witness of Jesus Christ.  Incidentally, I got a call just now from one of the Assistants.  I'm going to be helping Elder Ringwood with translation tomorrow.  Translating for a member of the 70.  No pressure, right?

The weather here has been absolutely beautiful.  Clear skies and temperatures at 25C in the day and down to about 17C at night.  So nice!  I love life!

Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings