Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday, September 9, 2013 - Week 35

Mom and Dad,

Isn't it crazy to think that on January 9th I entered the MTC? I just realized that when I looked at the date on the computer screen. It's crazy to think of how quickly time passes! It's so fun to hear about everything that's been going on. Park City sounds like it was a good time all around. Also good to hear that things are cooling for you, they've been cooling down here too. We've had a bit of a rainy week last week, and it's felt really nice.

That's awesome that you had a chance to see Sachi! I'm glad to hear she's doing well. Do you know where she's going to school in Japan? And do you happen to know where her mom and brother are living? I'm just curious because I kind of get where things are in Japan now. If you wouldn't mind asking Carla French for me, I would appreciate. Splendid to hear that Elder French is well! Way awesome that he's losing some weight too.

I'm sorry that I haven't been sending that many pictures. We're not supposed to take pictures while we're proselyting, so I kind of just forget a lot of the time to take pictures of the area and what not. I'll take some today and send them next week.

I do know Josh Harding! I heard from someone a little while ago that he got his call to Fukuoka. Josh Harding and I were friends in elementary school, and he was also in one of my classes when I was at UVU last year.

Work this last week has been a bit slow - in that not a lot of the people we've been talking to on the streets are making the transition into becoming investigators, and a lot of our current investigators are kind of doing so so. I'm not going to lie, I kind of felt like I was slipping into a grind, too. I feel like I started to just go through the motions of missionary life. But, this last Friday we had a really good Zone Training Meeting where a new mission goal was introduced, and Elder Baldwin and I are dedicated to working for it. Beyond just the goal, we were reminded about all of the steps that it takes and will take to fulfill any goal. If we don't hit the smaller objectives and get the foundational and basic tasks done and in order, the higher and greater things won't be accomplished. As a companionship we're going to work harder to really focus on making sure we're doing all we can to be 100% obedient to not just the mission rules, but to all of the training and instruction we've received. By doing so we know we will qualify for the companionship of the Holy Ghost, and only through the Holy Ghost can we know what the Lord wants us to do. That's really the only way to be an effective servant of the Lord. After you know what the Lord specifically desires you to do, then so long as you have faith that the Lord will help, then the Lord will grant you His help and power to fulfill what He has instructed.

I'm happy and healthy and super pumped for this next week. I'm finding great joy in the work I'm involved in, and I'm ever grateful to you for all of the support you give to me.

Love,

Elder Kyle Hutchings