Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday, September 23, 2013 - Week 37

Mom and Dad,

Tyler Randolph's farewell?! Wow that's so exciting to hear that he'll be headed out! Glad to hear the weather has been good in Utah. It's been absolutely beautiful here this past week. Blue skies, the days are still a bit on the hot side, but the evenings feel fantastic. I'm also glad to hear that Grandma Ingrid is doing okay. I loved seeing pictures of the farm - I miss the farm so much! I've adjusted to and don't mind living and being in the city and all but I really miss the quiet and calm that you can get on the farm.

It's been an excellent week. Like I said, the weather has been absolutely splendid. The typhoon last week cleared things up and it made for some really pretty sunsets. We went to a park by a river on Tuesday evening to dendo (missionary work) and the park was pretty thrashed. The tennis court was a small pond, and the port-a-potties were all tipped on their sides or completely over. One of the people we talked to said the water got up to 3 meters, and it was apparent by the destruction.

We've been working so hard this last week, and the Lord has been blessing us. We were able to get one new investigator this last week, and we've found some solid potentials too. Dendo is so much fun and there are so many crazy and amazing things that happen every day. I feel like the language is coming more and more every day. I'm learning so much and I'm having so much fun!

Thanks for sending another package! I just got a package from Grandma Hutchings yesterday and am pleased to say that goodies are plentiful and I am well fed. I feel very blessed with good health and I haven't been having any health problems or anything - my joints all feel fine and my feet are giving me no issues.
I'm excited to go into another week in the Lord's service! I love you!

Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings