Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday, July 21, 2014 - Week 80

 
Mom and Dad,

Dear heavens!  Miriam is already 2?!  I remember once not too long before I went into the MTC I was holding her sitting on the couch at home.  I looked at her and thought, "Don't grow up too fast, okay?"  But I guess she has!

 Wow, Kevin's car looks nice.  He looks pretty good too  It's good that Marisa will have a car to drive.  Today I went to a neighboring area to do a baptismal interview.  The person I interviewed was a 15 year old girl.  I'm glad to have a little sister around her age, because I feel like I know how to better deal with the silliness and giggles that inevitably come out of girls that age.  It was a good interview, and the girl passed.

  I appreciate the picture of the Honey Bucket in front of our house.  That really is quite the kitchen set up in the garage.  I would say I feel bad for you that it's hot and you don't have insulation, but I seem to find myself in quite the same circumstances.  Walls in Japan are really, really thin.  While we were housing yesterday we found out that the rainy season has finally broke - so from here on out it's looking like it'll just get hot.  Hopefully the humidity will drop a little with the rainy season going away, but I'm sure it's still going to be more humid than I would like.  But despite the heat, we're still dendo-ing and loving it!

This last week we went and got to talk with President Welch at interviews.  We also received some training and were able to get a really good taste for his vision and the direction things will be going.  I was translating the whole time, so I didn't get as good of a chance to think things through, but I'm really excited to be working under President Welch.

I love this work and I love living.  Time's going way too fast - I find it difficult to believe that it's already July 21st.

Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings




This is the kitchen in our apartment

This is where 3 of us sleep.  The other one pulls a futon out onto the kitchen floor.  That fan is our best friend.

This a picture we took after District Meeting a couple of weeks ago.  My apartment-mates are the 3 Ni Hon Jin behind me.  The one wearing glasses is my companion.  I'm pretty sure he's on his tip-toes in the picture because he's not a lot taller than the Japanese sister in front of him.