Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - Week 22

Mom and Dad,

Sounds like the trek was fun! I'm glad that everything went over well and nobody got seriously injured or anything like that!

It's been a crazy week!

Last week as I explained I was working in Kakogawa. It was a great experience. Myself a third transfer missionary and Elder Casper a 4th working together were able to accomplish plenty of good things in the area. Your level of experience truly doesn't matter if you rely on the Lord!

As you may have noticed I didn't e-mail on Monday. My new companion Elder Ogasawara is District Leader and as such he needed to attend District Leader Council. Since DLC is only for district leaders, he had to get together with the other district leader in the zone and head to Kobe. The way it all worked out, we had no time on Monday for preparation day things and I ended up working in Imabari area with a completely new trainee missionary from Monday evening and through yesterday. Seeing as he just got to Japan this last week, he had little knowledge of how to navigate the area (and I had none) so it was a fun little bit of dendo. Anyway, it was a really good experience for me to learn how to navigate and lead out in planning and in dendo situations. Again, the level of experience makes little difference in how much you can accomplish if you rely on the Lord - we were still able to find some potential investigators and we taught a lesson.

I just got back to Kochi this morning. Had to get up at 5:00 in order to catch the train to the area to where we were meeting up with our companions.

It's been a crazy lately! But, it's been way fun! We're taking just a little time now for some Preparation Day things. I need to keep this e-mail a bit shorter. Sorry I don't have time to share anymore.

Thanks again for the package. Thank you for your love and support. I love you all very much!

Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings