Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday, June 3, 2013 - Week 21

Mom and Dad,
Wow that's so crazy exciting! There is so much going on at home. Oh my goodness Brent and Annie are married! I forgot that the wedding would be at the first part of June! That's so crazy! Tell Brent and Annie congratulations for me! That's way exciting to hear about Amanda Campbell and Spencer Stewart getting their mission calls! I'm glad to hear that the hay hauling went well and that it all got done. I'm way jealous that you're going to be going on the trek. I'm excited to hear about your experiences and how everything goes.
I got the package! Thank you so much for the shirts and for the candy and granola bars! Also thanks for the razors, toothbrushes, and toothpaste! It's so nice to not have to worry about buying those things for awhile. It's getting warmer everyday, and rainy season is definitely in swing. It's always cloudy and it's been raining everyday for the past week.

It's been a great week. This past week Elder Day and I went again to Uwajima so he could do baptismal interviews. The man in Uwajima who was baptized on Mother's Day has two young daughters (ages 9 and 13) who at first weren't sure about the church, but after they noticed the changes in their father they decided to hear more about the Gospel and wanted to be baptized. They were both baptized this last Saturday. Besides that, we had a meal with members both Saturday and Sunday evenings - the members here are pretty sad that Elder Day is returning to America. Both of those shokuji's were way good. At one we did a yaki-niku (I think that's what it's called). There was a big frying pan type thing in the center of the table and various meats and vegetables all around that everyone could cook and eat at their pleasure. Tabesugitta! (ate too much)
This morning we received transfer calls! I'm going to be remaining in Kochi, and I'll have a Ni Hon Jin companion! His name is Elder Ogasawara. I'm so excited! It's going to be difficult I'm sure and communication between us will be more difficult, but I know it's going to immensely benefit my language abilities. It's going to be an unusual week for me because Elder Day is returning. There's going to be no room at the Honbu (we're getting 30 or so new missionaries this transfer, 18 of which are shimai I hear!), so I'm going to be going to the Honbu with Elder Day tonight then I'll be going to Kakogawa. I'll be working with Elder Casper (he was my senpai in the MTC) in Kakogawa until Friday. On Friday (transfers day) I'll probably be going to Okayama to meet up with my new companion, then going back to Kochi. It's exciting and admittedly a little scary going into a new transfer with a new companion. I'll be the area senpai, so I'll be expected to lead around the area and things like that. It will definitely be a bit trying for me, but I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who is ever willing to help and strengthen me. Something I've learned is that God didn't send us to this Earth to fail - and as long as you do your very best and follow His guidance, He won't let you fail. Success in this life may not come how or when you want it, but so long as you are faithful to Him the ultimate success of receiving Eternal Life can be attained.
Thank you so much for all of your love, prayers and support. Good luck with the Trek!
Elder Kyle Hutchings