Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - Week 5


お父さんとお母さん、 (otosan to okasan)
私はいつもげんきですよ! (watashi wa itsumo genki desu yo!)
I'm doing great!  The 日本語 is coming along just fine.  Hapi長老 (choro - elder) and I taught a lesson in District meeting this past 日よう日 (Nichiyobi - Sunday) about Enduring to the End.  It went very well.  An interesting thing I learned from one of the Elder's in my district is that one of the reasons we are charged to endure to the end here in this life is because it is preparation for the eternities.  Part of enduring to the end is always learning and growing, and since we will be doing that for all time and eternity, it is so essential that we learn how to do so now.  I had never thought of enduring to the end in that way.  It's truly amazing how many new insights can be gained by teaching rather than being the "student."  I'm so excited to enter the mission field, because I will be able to have that opportunity of being taught while I'm teaching much more frequently.
  
That's so great that Shannon did a good job!  I'm sure she will be an incredible missionary.  She's such an amazing person.  I'll probably have time sometime this week to look up that talk you mentioned that she used.  If you're able to, tell Shannon that I love her and wish her luck!
I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well.  Great that Grandpa is healing and able to get around well enough.  It's so wonderful to hear about how Lilia and Miriam are.  I'm not going to lie, out of everyone there is to miss, I miss those two the most!  Grandma Ingrid is finally figuring out her Kitchen Aid, eh?  I remember she was having some trouble with it.  おもしろいね (omoshiroi ne - funny, eh?)
Great to hear about the Priests and Teachers activitiy!  Tell those young men to pay attention, because they definitely will be using those skills that they learn.  A couple of weeks ago one of the buttons came off of the sleeve on one of my suit jackets.  I had to sew it back on, and you had better believe that I remember that evening at the Lewis' home.
Jolly 長老 and his どうりょう (doryo - companion) are the Zone Leaders.  Jolly 長老 isn't in my district, but I see him around plenty.  His district's classroom is right next to mine, and he lives on the same floor in the same residence hall as I do.  Oh, and I most certainly have seen Elder Leavitt around!  I've met so many people I know while I've been here.  It's amazing to see all of my friends from high school serving the Lord as full-time missionary.
すばらしい!!! (subarashii - wonderful)  That's wonderful to hear that Brent and Annie are engaged!  I am so happy for them!  Please keep me up to speed on the details of their wedding. 
I can't say that I need anything.  The MTC is still dandy and I'm doing well.
Thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers.
あいしていますよ!(ai shite imasu yo! - I love you!)
Elder Hutchings
ハチングス長老