Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday, April 21, 2014 - Week 67

Mom and Dad,

Crazy that it's already Easter, eh?  It's funny how less big of a deal it is here in Japan.  I assigned the speakers for Sacrament Meeting yesterday to give talks on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  One of those speakers was my companion, and he mentioned that it was Easter when he was speaking.  Everybody in the tiny congregation kind of had an "Oh, yeah!  It's easter!" sort of look on their faces, and a few of them even shot up straight in their seats as if startled at the realization.

This last week has been absolutely splendid.  We had a chance to do exchanges with one of the District Leaders in our Zone on Thursday.  I worked with his companion, a Bostonian named Elder Carlile.  He's a great missionary, and it was incredibly fun to work with him.  We participated in that District Leader's District Meeting the next day, and then returned back to Toyooka.  That night, the Assistants to the president came to stay the night and then they koukaned with us on Saturday.  It was funny, because they got to the Eki at about 10:00 that evening and asked us to send them our house address.  We did, then got ready for bed, and jumped into bed at 10:30 with the assistants still not having arrived at our home.  We stayed up talking and wondering where the Assistants were.  Around 11:15 I get a call and they asked us to come out and look for them.  It was strange leaving the house at night.  It turns out they were just up the street, and all went well from then.  We stayed up until about 2 talking with them, then Elder Nelson and I got up at 5:45 to go running.  After a day of koukan-ing with the Assistants and then working, we were pretty tired Saturday night.

Elder Nelson and I are working hard and having a ball.  He's been my favorite companion so far.  Even though I've been in Toyooka for 5 transfers, I really wouldn't be opposed to spending another one here.  It makes me sad that Zinke Kaicho has pretty much already told me that I'm transferring.  I absolutely love this area, the people, the members, and everything here.

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Joy and happiness in this life and the life to come truly does come through faith, repentance, keeping covenants, following the Holy Ghost, and doing it forever.

Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings