Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday, February 24, 2014 - Week 59

Mom and Dad, 

As a mission, for the next two weeks from last Friday, we are focusing on Jesus Christ.   As all mission focuses have been, it has been a catalyst for repentance for me - but perhaps this one does so for a more significant topic and in a more personal way than have any others.  Yesterday, I had the thought to bring the document Kaicho made for us to base our study off of with me to Sacrament Meeting and to take a look at it during the administration of the Sacrament.  I took a look over it and as I pondered Christ's role as my Savior and what I think of him and how I had done the last week, especially since Friday, in being His disciple, a stream of questions began to float across my mind.  Since Friday my focus has been more on Christ than it has been before.  I thought, "Why has it taken this mission focus to get me to focus this much on Jesus Christ?  Shouldn't I have already made/be making efforts to always remember and be like Him?  What does that indicate about my true understanding and belief in Him until this point?   Who do I really believe He is?  Have I really truly been trusting Him and His promises?"  Partaking the sacrament yesterday was very meaningful for me, and an a great spiritual experience.

There has certainly been a difference in me, in my dendo as my focus has been on Jesus Christ.  I'm more cheerful, I feel greater trust in the Spirit, I feel greater faith and confidence that everything will be all right.  It's built my faith that His ways are truly higher than ours.  When I just trust Him and do what He says, everything else is all right.  When my thoughts stay on Him, then impressions and revelations, and feeling increased love for investigators and dendo comes much more naturally.

Wicked sweet to hear about the mission calls!  Tell everybody congratulations for me!  The weather today is beautiful here.  Not a cloud in the sky, and while temperatures are still chilly, the sunshine feels warm.  It's mind blowing to think that we're entering March this Saturday.  If I remember right, around March 12 was the day that I arrived in Japan last year.  I've almost been in Japan for 1 year now.  Whoa.

Still haven't received the package.  Got a note in the post hole saying that the post office has got it and that they will deliver it, but I still haven't gotten it!  I'm going to see what I can do about it today.

Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings

PS.  Thanks so much for the pictures.  It's crazy how much Miriam is growing, eh?