Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday, December 23, 2013 - Week 50

Mom & Dad,

I sound like a broken record, I know, but it's really freaking me out how fast time seems to go.  I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes the way things are going.

This last Saturday evening we got an e-mail from a member of the District Presidency who lives in our branch.  He said he was going to need to talk to us the next day during Dendo Chosei Shukai (Missionary Coordination meeting).  "Okay," I thought, "Probably just something to do with how the missionaries in the Zone can work better with the members."  Then we got another e-mail which said he'd be interviewing us one by one, I'd be first, and that he'd gotten some sort of OK from Zinke Kaicho.  My thoughts quickly turned to, "What's going on, eh?  This doesn't seem normal."  It certainly didn't stress me out or anything, but it definitely got me to thinking; yet despite all of the thinking, I could not come up with any particular reason such an interview would be necessary.  Sunday morning came and we were in DCS discussing our Progress Record and how things had been going for the week and such.  Then in pops the District Presidency member and motions for me to come.  We sat down in the Branch President's office and had our interview.  I don't feel it's all too necessary to go into the why, but I was extended the calling to be the second counselor in the Toyooka Branch Presidency.  I accepted the calling, and as such I have various responsibilities pertaining to it.  I was sustained in Sacrament Meeting and in this case I was set apart.

It's not so far fetched for a missionary to serve in a Branch Presidency, because I know of many cases where they serve as the Branch President, etc.  But never in a million years would I have thought that I would ever be in such a situation.  I'm a missionary, a Zone Leader, and now the Second Counselor in a Branch Presidency.  It's a really humbling thing, and it's really lead me to realize that the Lord trusts me.  That's a realization that carries with it some weight - knowing that the Lord trusts me implies that He expects a lot of me.  But I'm also filled with the peace of mind that I have the Lord's help and that He will prepare a way for me to fulfill the responsibilities He has given me.

As a side note, Elder Hoshino is now the Elder's Quorum President.  We've both got a bit more on our plates now.  But I have great confidence and a firm belief that it will only be for our benefit and for the benefit of God's children.

This last Saturday night our branch had the branch Christmas-kai.  It was loads of fun, and there was an excellent turn out from members' friends and family, and 2 of our investigators in Toyooka came too.  We've been practicing a couple of songs with the Sister missionaries and a few members over the past few weeks that we sang.  It went well and was a lot of fun.  I'll send some pictures if I can.

It's been a full week full of many other happenings which I wish I had the time to write about.  I am so happy and am finding an incredible and soul filling joy in the service of the Lord.  Thank you so much for all of your love and support.  I'm looking for ward to the call this week.

Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings

PS.  I got the package by the way, thank you so much!  Elder Hoshino is way happy about the Snickers.

Christmas-kai.  I'm not going to lie, I think I had more fun here than at most ward Christmas parties.

I wore a santa hat at the Christmas party.  I also let my buddy Shoya kun (he's a potential investigator) have at things with my camera.  He took a lot of really funny pictures.

This is what I see in the train ride to District Meeting Friday mornings.
 Really pretty sunrises and clouds and stuff.