Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday, November 18, 2013 - Week 45

Mom and Dad,

Holy cow!  It's transfers week again!  I've been in Toyooka for 6 weeks, and now I'm in my 7th transfer.  After another transfer, I'll have hit my halfway mark.  It's so crazy to think of how quickly the time goes!

Elder Kawabata is going to be transferring to Shimogamo in Kyoto prefecture, and I'm going to be sticking in Toyooka and my new companion is named Hoshino Choro (Elder).  He's Ni Hon Jin (Japanese), I'm pretty sure, and I'm going to be training him on how to be a Zone Leader, should be fun!

It's been a chilly week.  Haven't gotten snow yet, but temperatures have been dipping down to about 40F lately in the mornings and evenings.  Had a couple of days with some really chilly.  With the humidity, even just 40 feels pretty nippy.  

It's been a really good week.  I've learned a lot about just how powerful sharing personal experiences this week.  I wish I had more time to explain, but the computer I'm using is really slow.  Essentially I've come to see how when we open up our hearts to others, they'll open up to us.

Smart Choro?  I want to say he's from New Mexico.  He's going to be a District Leader in place of my beloved Barney Choro.  Barney Choro lives in West Valley I think, and he's going to be returning.  He's been a District Leader in this Zone, and he was my Zone Leader when I was in my 2nd and 3rd transfers in Kochi.  I'm sad to see Barney Choro go, but he's returning in honor.

Sorry, this computer is slow and my companion has to pack.  I apologize for the really short email.  I'm happy, healthy, and I love what I'm doing!  I'm looking forward to the package!

Love,
Elder Kyle Hutchings