Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - Week 2

Dear Mom,

Let Marisa know that I did get her letter.  I wrote her a letter last week but didn't get a chance to go to the store and get stamps and envelopes.  I'll be sending letter it sometime this week.  Good to hear that she's still dancing like a maniac!

Tell Ally Duffin congratulations!  That is so cool!!!  I'm so excited for her!  Serving a mission is so amazing no matter where you go or what language you speak.  The promised blessings and the fruits of missionary service are incredible!

Things have been going great here.  The Ni Hon Go is coming along all right and things are great.  The food is okay and I'm just fine.  There's really nothing new or strange to report.

Well okay, I guess something awesome did happen this last week.  The Tuesday devotional speaker was Elder Holland.  He gave an incredible talk about the power associated with a missionary's call.  It was an incredible experience to have an Apostle of Jesus Christ directly addressing me as a part of a group.  It never fails to amaze me how powerfully true Apostolic direction and promises are.  It's incredible to me to know that so long as I am striving to do what the Lord wants me to, I'm promised incredible blessings.  The Preach My Gospel manual is full of them, as was Elder Holland's talk.  Something else really amazing was that he said a dedicatory prayer for 2 or 3 new MTC buildings that were recently completed.  The blessing was amazing.  It's incredible to hear the specific blessings, consecration, and dedication that the MTC has.  The MTC is truly a wonderful place where servants of the Lord can be prepared.
 
I love the MTC and have had a wonderful time here so far!

Elder Hutchings




My district (Left to Right): Me & my companion Hapi Choro, Watanabe (Provo) and Hansen (California) Shimai, Benzon (Utah) and Moretti (Brazil) Choro, Oliveira (Brazil) and Jensen (North Carolina) Choro.

I love my District!